Sunday, December 16, 2007

Lots more snow....

Current mood: content


Eric, our two girls and I just got back a while ago from a long-ish walk in the snow...it is something like 26 degrees out, & we were all bundled up. I got into our Christmas stash and let the girls have their snowsuits my Grandmother sent them as an early Christmas present. We had a good time.

Walking in that much snow reminded me of how it felt on my legs to walk on a beach, as I'd done a zillion times while living in Florida. The girls made snow angels and slid down a snowbank or two left behind by snowplows. We walked to a park and the girls went down the slide a whole bunch of times while Eric and I watched from the swings we were sitting on. We took quite a few pictures of all of this. The sight of the girls on the slide was pretty funny; their snowsuits made for a slicker surface on the slide and they would come down the slide at a much faster speed than usual, flying out onto the snow at the end. Sophia somehow was flying out of the slide faster than Alissa, which amused all of us.

It's good to be off of work today-the snow is really coming down now. I just made a batch of biscuits that we'll eat with our stew in just a bit. It's cozy inside the house & I've been making good use of the warm slippers I bought just before we moved here. It feels good that I managed to get a little exercise. We're going in the hot tub in just a little while...because we can. Anyway, just wanted to write; I like to look back on what I was doing on such and such a day from time to time. Good times, good times...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cant wait to bundle my kids up and head out too!! My kids have no idea what to expect. Jimmy was just 4 when we moved to Georgia, so he doesnt really remember.... They will have a blast! What park did you walk to ?